This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

VMware ESXi polling issue

SolarWinds NPM 12

VMware ESXi  5.5.0, 3029944

I'm having an issue with monitoring my ESXi hardware through SolarWinds. CIM, snmpd and the firewall is configured on the server. When I do an SNMP test on the server it passes -- which lets me know that SNMP is configured properly on the server. However, when I try to monitor hardware through SolarWinds I don't see any hardware details about fan, temp, power supply, etc. Instead, I get this message: Hardware polling failed: Polling of chassis (CIM_Chassis class) failed. The operation has timed out http://www.solarwinds.com/NetPerfMon/SolarWinds/default.htm?context=SolarWinds&file=SAMESXHWTroubleshooting.htm

pastedImage_0.png

The polling method I'm using is 'SNMP and ICMP' with 'Poll for VMware' selected. I've rebooted the server and the problem still remains. I'm using the root account for ESXi.

I'm doing the polling directly and VCenter is not being used.