2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2017 2:12 PM by rschroeder

If you own it, what's your impression of the Thwack Game Table?

rschroeder

I'm considering ordering the Thwack game table for my college-aged son.  If you own it, what's your impression?  Durable?  Good Quality?  Fun?  Or not?

• Re: If you own it, what's your impression of the Thwack Game Table?
          d09h

While I don't own one, I can immediately spot the lack of beer cup holders.  Your college aged son might have to add those.

Sorry for the shallow/ uninformed review.  Would someone mind loaning me one for proper review?

• Re: If you own it, what's your impression of the Thwack Game Table?
              rschroeder

For better or worse, he seems to have picked up my lack of interest in alcohol.

I think my aversion to it came from growing up in a family dominated by a man addicted to alcohol, one who became violent when inebriated--which was too frequent.

If that wasn't sufficient incentive to avoid the stuff, I later learned a genetic tendency toward alcoholism can be passed down from parent to offspring.  I was potentially vulnerable, and am a possible "carrier."

Consequently, I took my last drink of alcohol on New Year's Eve, 1980.

My son's watched friends and family drive themselves into ruin through substance abuse; it appears he, too, has no need for alcohol to have fun.

Subsequently, beer holders are not a missing component (in my personal view).

I don't condemn others who enjoy an occasional brew.  My wife enjoys a half can every few weeks or months.  And playing in bands, as I do, I'm surrounded by folks who consume responsibly and rely on designated drivers.