This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

If you own it, what's your impression of the Thwack Game Table?

I'm considering ordering the Thwack game table for my college-aged son.  If you own it, what's your impression?  Durable?  Good Quality?  Fun?  Or not?

pastedImage_0.png

• While I don't own one, I can immediately spot the lack of beer cup holders.  Your college aged son might have to add those.

Sorry for the shallow/ uninformed review.  Would someone mind loaning me one for proper review?

• For better or worse, he seems to have picked up my lack of interest in alcohol.

I think my aversion to it came from growing up in a family dominated by a man addicted to alcohol, one who became violent when inebriated--which was too frequent.

If that wasn't sufficient incentive to avoid the stuff, I later learned a genetic tendency toward alcoholism can be passed down from parent to offspring.  I was potentially vulnerable, and am a possible "carrier."

Consequently, I took my last drink of alcohol on New Year's Eve, 1980.

My son's watched friends and family drive themselves into ruin through substance abuse; it appears he, too, has no need for alcohol to have fun.

Subsequently, beer holders are not a missing component (in my personal view).

I don't condemn others who enjoy an occasional brew.  My wife enjoys a half can every few weeks or months.  And playing in bands, as I do, I'm surrounded by folks who consume responsibly and rely on designated drivers.