1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 1, 2017 2:07 PM by Chris T

Conflicts in Running Config vs startup config, multiple devices in unknown

sunnyseith

Hello,

We have an issue that was coming up all the time which is having the conflicts in the running config vs start up config moreover devices were in unknown too. I would really appreciate if someone help me out on this.

• Re: Conflicts in Running Config vs startup config, multiple devices in unknown
          Chris T

For the devices that are showing up as unknown, that means you either do not have a running config or a startup config for that device saved on the NCM server. If you normally backup the running config, setup a one time job to go and grab a copy of the start up config and that will take care of the unknowns. For the ones that are showing conflicts with the configs that depends on what the conflicts with the configs are. If it is because the baseline changed and the running config is correct while the copy you have of the startup config is incorrect, then you just need to download a fresh copy of the startup config. I would recommend a once a week job to grab a copy of the startup config and a nightly job to grab a copy of the running config. That way you can see what changes have been made every week and you can decide if those changes need to be rolled back or were done without approval.