This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Ability to run Windows Update Scan just stopped working.

Afternoon.  I am new to Patch Manager.  I am in the process of setting it up.  I have a dozen or so machines reporting into Patch Manager via the agent.

I was running some updates on my test group or machines and everything was working fine until I started getting this error when attempting to run the Windows Update Scan to see if the deployed patched had installed.

Source: EminentWare Agent

Device: Machinename

Details: WMI Select Query

WMI Select Query operation failed: ewException caught: [WmiUtil::RunWmiQuery - failed with error Unknown error 0x80244007], File: WmiSelectQueryHandler.cpp, Line: 123

I've rebooted the Patch Manager machine,  and its happening to multiple machines.  If verified its not a network firewall or a windows firewall.  I've tried installing the update associated with 0x80244007.   My servers say its not applicable

Any Ideas?

• I am also seeing this issue when trying to do a Windows Update Scan on machines that are placed outside of the standard group. The error message i am seeing is as follows.

Source: EminentWare Agent

Device: XXXXXX ( removed )

Details: WMI Select Query

WMI Select Query operation failed: ewException caught: [WmiUtil::RunWmiQuery - failed with error Unknown error 0x80240FFF], File: WmiSelectQueryHandler.cpp, Line: 123

Machines that are in the original group that was set up for workstations work with no issues. Just seems to be this newly created group that has been in use for about 6 months.

any help would be greatly appreciated.