0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2017 5:33 PM by nokaoi

Syslog Events (repeats only) - Triggering Alerts on Interface/Port Flaps

nokaoi

APOLOGIES IF WRONG "In A Place"

I could not locate Solarwinds Syslog Server???

Please offer corrections, if necessary!

I am using Solarwinds Syslog Server...successful thus far with Alerts (email notifications) on the following;

-Device Reboots

-Device Configuration Changes - Initiated

-Device Configuration Changes - Completed

Now, I am trying to get Alerts (email notifications) from Solarwinds Syslog Server...on Interfaces/Ports which are flapping (down,up,down,up,etc)

Is there a way to Alert on ONLY those of which are IDENTICAL MESSAGES (same hostname, same severity, same EXACT message) - a message/event, that persistently repeats, over and over and over?

i.e.  Alerts on Interface/Port Flaps

Hostname = same

Severity = same

Message = same

I am trying to LIMIT the Alert to these all being EQUAL/IDENTICAL, aside from differences of Time of Messages.

I dont want the Alert from DIFFERENT Hostnames, or DIFFERENT Severity Levels (if possible) or DIFFERENT Messages (i.e. a different device, or different interface/port)

Trying to Alert on SAME host, SAME Severity and SAME Messages - that are constant, repeat dozens of times per minute...as in a Interface/Port Flapping!

Or, I may open to alternative methods of logging then triggering Alerts too, if anyone has recommendations.

Thank you in advance.