This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Office 365

When using Office365 as the Incoming Mail Account, it causes intermittent connection issues whereby the helpdesk shows a timeout message from the server:

"A previous attempt to connect to name@domain.com (host 'outlook.office365.com') failed for 'name@domain.com'. 0 interval(s) remaining until retry."

Unable to connect to the Incoming Mail Account 'name@domain.com' due to the following error:

"Error while contacting mailbox: The helpdesk was able to make a connection with the Exchange web server, but a timeout occurred while attempting to retrieve the Exchange folder list. Please see FAQ<http://www.solarwinds.com:80/onlinehelp?productType=WebHelpDesk&language=en_US&productVersion=12.5.0&viewType=ProductView&authenticationKey=ignore&helpKey=HelpDeskFAQ125ExchangeConnectError> for more information.

I understand that we can ignore this timeout message, however we receive them so frequently it's not really possible to do. On top of this, if we have any other issue it's them spammed over by these messages and we can't see the other underlying issue. On top of this, it's quite distressing to see so many timeout messages in a short period of time across multiple days.

The Mail Account is set to Exchange, I understand that I can change this to POP3 or IMAP but this is not a feasible option.

I've increased the Connection Timeout to 400+ and this isn't reducing the error messages by much.

The connection to the server seems fine using this test: Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer

Using Wireshark we can check the data packets but nothing seems off there either.

The firewall isn't causing any issues and the port isn't an issue either.

Multiple sites have reported the same issue, is this happening for anyone else here?

I've logged this with SolarWinds support, any further assistance would be very much appreciated if anyone has any ideas to try.