6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2017 10:06 AM by julie.arnold

SCP rewards

nigrl_kelly

Click on a 'like' and get thwack points. Spend hours studying and passing your SCP exam and get zero points

• Re: SCP rewards
          uniswtc

nigrl_kelly - Don't worry, we are with you. Our friends also attempted 2 times and still could not .

nigrl_kelly

Slightly disappointed that the SCP is so network orientated. Working on SAM/DPM/WPM/SRM/VMAN but don't have NPM hence would have expected SCP to be Orion orientated rather than 70% network specific.

uniswtc

Yes, though we work on SAM, NCM, SRM, etc., majority of the questions would be on Networking only. It was clearly mentioned that the SCP exam would be for the networking guys as mentioned below:  .

Successful SCP candidates typically have:

• Several years' experience in network management
                  • Experience deploying and using Orion NPM on a corporate or governmental network
                  • Expertise in identifying and resolving network issues and performance trends
                  • Additional industry-recognized certifications from networking hardware or software vendors

I am not a networking guy. So, now I need to be very good in understanding on networking related

nigrl_kelly

I appreciate what the prerequisites were but since the tool is moving away from being entirely network orientated I would have expected the exam to start focusing on the tool more. The 5 day training course I attended spent most of the time working on network elements and little time on administration of the product.

uniswtc

I think it is same for all who did not have Network background. One more coincidence . We also attended a 5 day training, then only we realized, that most of it covers Networking. I agree, since we work more on administrative part, the test should include a better % of it as well.

We are all sailing in the same boat

But, it seems, finally you are a certified SCP now as per your profile

julie.arnold

nigrl_kelly and uniswtc ,

Thanks for providing this feedback! We're currently redesigning the SCP program and your feedback is very important to us.