This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

iperf server testing

A question from an end user was proposed to me and I don't have the answer so hopefully someone on here does.

As I understand it our iperf servers test iperf2 but not iperf3, is there a timeline when we will be iperf3 capable?

• We're moving away from iperf testing to Y.1564 : http://www.exfo.com/solutions/metro-core-networks/bu2-carrier-ethernet/ethersam  for commissioning carrier Ethernet circuits.

This generates a report that the carriers don't normally argue the meaning of. Oftentimes they've discovered some mid-hop segment that has different parameters than they had sold us.

[I can't undersell the benefits of standard real test equipment reports when dealing with vendors]

For end-users we're going to be standing up an internal version of something like speedtest.net as that will allow end-users to test without involving staff, and hopefully will lead to some call diversion and cost savings there.

/RjL