This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to find the services being monitored of a Windows server in Solarwinds

Hi,

How to find the services being monitored of a Windows server in Solarwinds. This server was not part of any application/services template.

What is the best way to find a device services being monitored in Solarwinds?

• I could be wrong, but I don't believe the services are being monitored if you are not monitoring them through an application template.  Can you explain more of what you are referring to?

• Settings -> SAM Settings -> "Manage Assigned Component Monitors"

• mprobus​ - Hi, we were asked to provide the below query: We need to know, what all services monitored on LANDesk core server WS2012R2S.

When we add a windows server in Solarwinds for monitoring, whether all the services (which show through SCM - services.msc) will be monitored by default or we need to assign to a template to get them monitored?

• I thought that is where you were getting at.  When you just add the server it, it only pulls in items such as CPU, Memory, Disk, Network, etc.  Service monitoring is separate.  In order to monitor specific services, you will need to either use one of the templates in SAM or build your own.

• mprobus - The thing is I work also on SCOM, so got bit confused. I know and see some of the services are being monitored using the application monitor templates. There I could not find the mentioned server under "Assigned Application Monitors", where it shows the devices with assigned templates.

Thanks for the confirmation emoticons_happy.png.