We are currently experiencing slow response from the Orion Wed Console: NCM 7.5.
When running the Orion Permission Checker FAILED results are reported as follows:
'write' access right to the 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP' path for the 'NETWORK SERVICE' principle is not configure. Actual path was C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\vmware-SYSTEM-###.
Performing a repair seems to resolve the issue and the response time of the Orion Web Console seems to improve for a short while but the slow response reoccurs and running the Orion Permission Checker reports the same FAILED result.
The have been other users who have reported the same issue and it looks as though it may be due to the TEMP directories which both VMware and Hyper-V create.
The following fixes/recommendations have been applied but the Slow Response reoccurs:
- The NETWORK SERVICE has Full Control of the C:\WINDOWS\TEMP directory and all its subdirectories.
- We are currently running Orion NCM on a separate server (Windows Server 2012 R2, Virtual) and the Orion Database is running on a separate SQL Server (Windows Server 2012 R2, Virtual).
- Both virtual servers have no resource utilisation issues: CPU, RAM, disk, or network.
- Anti-virus software has been configured to exclude directories listed in article below from scans:
SolarWinds NCM deployment history:
- Previously we were running NCM 7.3 (SL200) with the Orion Database on the same server, Windows Server 2008 R2 (VMware) running Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 - Express Edition, version 10.50.2500.0.
- (DEVELOPMENT) The DB was migrated across to a new separate SQL Server running Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP2 - Enterprise Edition, version 11.0.6540.0 (VM).
- A trail version of NCM 7.5 was installed on a new DEV Server running Windows Server 2012 R2 (VM) for testing purposes and connected to the DEV DB.
- (PRODUCTION) The DEV DB was migrated to a SQL Server running Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP2 - Enterprise Edition, version 11.0.6540.0 (VM).
- A new license was purchased for NCM 7.5 (SL500) and installed on new PROD Server running Windows Server 2012 R2 (VM) and connected to the PROD DB.
Orion Software details:
Module Name Orion Platform
Service Pack None
Nodes currently monitored 203
Total nodes in license 500
Volumes currently monitored 37
Total volumes in license 500
Product Name Network Configuration Manager
Service Pack None
Allowed number of nodes 500
Current number of nodes 203
Any help to resolve this issue would be appreciated.