1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 16, 2017 9:07 AM by tomas.vrabel

Automate "import spreadsheet" process

jbazo

Hi Everybody, I am new to IPAM, but I have some experience with powershell.

I am able to query the database and create my own reports.

He have added some fields to IPAM in order to populate those fields different departments send us a CSV file with the ip address and the field to populate. We want to do the Import -> spreadsheet an automated process.

Could someone point me to an example? I try the documentation but is very hard to find.

can this be done? since I have trying UPDATING the database with no success.

my goal after that is to share a folder in the server, the users will copy their CSVs there and run a powershell script to do some validations and then update the customized fields in IPAM

thank you!

• Re: Automate "import spreadsheet" process
          tomas.vrabel

Which SWIS entity i.e. database table you would like to update?

Unfortunately it seems that IPAM does not support update of entity IPAM.IPNode (mapped to DB table IPAM_Node) or custom properties trough SWIS in current version.

It is always possible to update data directly in the database. I found IP address related data are in DB table IPAM_Node and custom IP adress data are stored in IPAM_NodeAttrData table.

Please be aware that accessing DB directly is not recommended and dangerous.