This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Configure engineid using NCM for Cisco SG-500 wireless

Hi,

I'm trying to roll out a simple configuration using pre-configured jobs within NCM function of solarwinds.

This configuration should define an snmp-server engineid on a cisco sg-500 however there is a line within the command script which is causing me issues.

The configuration script is below in black bold:

Conf t

snmp-server engineid local default

Y

Y

end

copy run start

Y

show snmp engineid

The configuration below shows two confirmation questions within the cisco software: both require a [Y] response. You can see the first Y is accepted against question "Do ou wish to continue ? (Y/N)[N]".

The second Y is not accepted agianst the question "Do ou wish to continue? (Y/N)[N]" thus resulting in the default N response. This aborts the command snmp-server engineID local.

Has anyone used NCM configuration jobs to apply an engineid to a Cisco sg-500 sucessfully by overcomming these confirming questions?

Is there a character I should use within the configuration script which is missing to approve the "continue?" question?

Conf t

--------------

--------------

snmp-server engineid local default

--------------

The engine-id must be unique within your administrative domain.

--------------

Y

--------------

Do ou wish to continue ? (Y/N)[N] Y

The SNMPv3 database will be erased.

Do ou wish to continue? (Y/N)[N] N  <<<<< this is the line!!

The 'snmp-server engineID local' command is aborted.

--------------

--------------

--------------

Y

--------------

% Unrecognized command

--------------

--------------

--------------

end

--------------

--------------