2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2017 2:06 PM by bleearg13

Does anyone have a good template for Netflow config on Cisco ASR 920 12CZ-A?

kellerc24

I am running into wall after wall with both Cisco and Solarwinds support.  It sounds like the packet capture on the ORION server is showing that I am missing a "valid interface index" under the flow record template in the ASR.  I can't find what that commnand would be.  Here is my current config on that ASR920.  Support also saying that I am missing:  "OUTPUT_SNMP" or "OutputInt:_ " - not sure what this translates to as far as a Cisco command to put under the flow record.  Dang, why does this have to be so confusing?  Thanks for any suggestions everyone!

flow record R1

match ipv4 protocol

match ipv4 destination address

match transport source-port

match transport destination-port

match interface input

match ipv4 source address

match ipv4 tos

collect counter packets long

collect counter bytes long

!

!

flow exporter E1

destination 164.110.x.x

source Loopback0

transport udp 2055

template data timeout 60

!

!

flow monitor M1

description flows to ORION

exporter E1

cache timeout inactive 10

cache timeout active 5

record R1

license udi pid ASR-920-12CZ-A sn CAT2044U3JR

license accept end user agreement

license boot level advancedmetroipaccess

!

sdm prefer netflow-video

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0

description Fiber link to HQ Maple Park ASR HQMPPK100203 G0/1/1

ip address 10.88.x.x

ip flow monitor M1 input

negotiation auto

cdp enable

interface Loopback0

ip address 10.154.x.x

• Re: Does anyone have a good template for Netflow config on Cisco ASR 920 12CZ-A?
          kellerc24

So to update this - The Cisco ASR 12CZ-A doesn't support SNMP on the interface index side.  It uses something called "DPIDX" now instead and yes, its Cisco proprietary.  So my source port that I want Netflow data from (configured flow monitor M1 input), is being mapped incorrectly by Solarwinds NTA.  

When I do the sh command on the ASR to get the DPIDX number of the interface that I want to see as the source in NTA, I see that the Cisco box has assigned a DPIDX number of 7 to my Gi0/0/0 port.  That show command is:  "sh platform hardware pp active interface all."

Solarwinds is seeing the source port come over as Interface GI0/0/6 (an unused port and no Netflow configured on it) - even though a packet capture on the server is showing that the source port interface is 7. 

So, I had to manage that GI0/0/6 port under my ASR 920 node within NPM before I could see any flows.  I am getting flows translated in NTA from this box now, the interfaces are just goofy - so its a bit cosmetic, but super annoying that Solarwinds won't own up to their software not translating the DPIDX nubmers from Cisco correctly.