This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Serv-U ODBC reconnect timeout

Hi

Is there any way to change the default reconnect timeout for ODBC connections, described in this KB article:

SQL Server Restarted/Failed, Serv-U ODBC Users Do Not Work

We have a high availability SQL setup where we have setup the Serv-U database with SQL Mirroring to another server's instance.

I've created a ODBC DNS with the Failover Server parameter, and it works as intended, it takes around 5-10 seconds for the database to come online after the failover.

My only problem is that i cannot get around the 5 minuttes that it takes for Serv-U to reestablish its connection to the database.

I think that the reason given in the article is outdated, as 5 minuttes is a VERY long timeout to set to prevent flooding - from my testing experience the ODBC disconnect seems to paralyse existing connections.

Any help is much appreciated!

- Kasper