1 of 1 people found this helpful
OK, so you already have Clients (end-users) assigned to their Location - that's a good first step!
I'll assume that you have a Request Type created named "Copy Count Reset" or something like that so that Teachers can select that when they need more copies. Side note: if desired, you could create a Ticket Custom Field that has a dropdown or text entry field so they can select how many copies they are requesting (only if you want to present such an option to them, of course).
So the main piece is creating an Approval Process and you will also need to create a Role for each Location that the approval process will use to figure out who to send the approval piece to.
We'll start with the role piece first:
- Go to Setup -> Processes -> Approver Roles and click New
- You'll get a dialog page and at the top you will be on the Location Approver Roles tab (which is good - that's where you want to be). Enter a name like Principal or School Principal or Copy Count Approver (whatever makes the most sense for you) and click "Save"; it should then show up like this:
- Next we'll go to Location Approvers there on the left, and we'll click one of the Location names and then we'll click the "Add Role" button. That will give us a dialog where we can say what Client (end user) holds that Role at that Location by searching for them. In this case i went to Location Approvers and clicked the "Banana Stand" location to open it. Now I am going to click Henry Faber to add him as having the Principal role for that Location:
- I would then repeat that for each of my Locations so that they each have a Principal role assigned. Here is how that might look:
Next, we'll create the Approval Process, so:
- Go to Setup -> Processes -> Approval Processes and click "New"
- Give the Approval Process a name on that first tab. You'll also want to set what notifications you want to provide on that tab:
- When you click Save on that tab you'll see that it adds another couple of tabs to the Approval process.
- Go to the "Approval Steps" tab and click New
- We'll give this step a name like "copy count approval" (doesn't really matter what we name it since for this approval process we will only have one step)
- For this step, we will click the radio button for "Location Approver" and then for the "Location Approver" box that appears we will choose "Principal" and then we will Save this step. it will look something like this:
- Last thing to do is to modify the Request Type(s) that need approval to use that Approval Process that we made. You'll just go to Setup -> Tickets -> Request Types -> [select your Copy Count Reset Request Type]
That should pretty much be it. in short, we created an Approval Process that looks up who is the Principal at each Location when someone from that Location submits a specific type of ticket.
Does the Approver need to be a licensed Tech or can it be anyone?
Can the approval be done via email, or does the Approver need to Sign In to the portal?
Approvers can be anyone I have a couple of users in the Business office as approvers and they are not techs.
Approvals can be done via email (by clicking a button in the approval notification mail and sending that back in) or the Approver could log into the web portal and do it there.
As typhoon87 noted, Approvers are really just Clients (end-users) that you have designated to be an Approver for a given step of an Approval Process.