This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Ticket status e-mails

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to setup WHD so that it will send an e-mail to the client when the status of a ticket changes. ie. Ticket Opened, waiting customer, closed an so on, but I can't seem to find a straight forward way of doing this.

I tried to do this through action rules, but it looks like I have to hard code the recipient and therefore I'd need a different rule for every client...

Am I missing something as I thought this would be failry straight forward to setup?

• That typically is up to the Tech modifying the ticket.   When they make a change to a ticket, at the bottom of the Ticket Details tab, there is a Recipients section.   There are checkboxes for Client, Tech, CC:  and so on.    If any of those are 'checked', when the Tech clicks "Save and Email" those recipients will get an email from the system noting that the ticket has been updated.   If they just click "Save", however, that email will not be sent.

• As stated below, make sure you hit the save and email button and not just save.

• OK, Thanks.

I'd come across that but wanted to guarentee an e-mail was getting sent. I've had experience in the past where calls have been closed prematurely without informing the client and it and it has resulted in more work in the long run and poor customer service.

If thats the only option then thats fine, just wanted to check.

• Yep!

Little side notes: 

• By default, the option that is highlighted on a ticket at the bottom is "Save"... but there is an option in Tickets -> Options where you can change the default option that is highlighted to be "Save and E-Mail" instead.
    • If you go into a Tech Group (Setup -> Techs -> Tech Groups -> Tech Group Levels tab, and then open up Level1 (or whichever level you want)  you can set what options are checked by default in the Recipients section for the tickets worked by that Tech Group.  

If you set both of those (i.e. edit all your Tech Groups to have "Client" checked in recipients and also change the default for the ticket to Save and E-Mail) you can make it much more likely that your Techs will notify the users when they make a change.