This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Configure VMAN and VM account permissions

Hello Guys,

I am new to Virtualization Manager. While going through Getting Started document I found this.

1- "enable VMAN communication with your virtual environment, create your VMAN account using the same credentials for vCenter for VMware and Hyper-V."

2- "You need an Orion Platform account that matches credentials with your VMware or Hyper-V installation."

I am trying to understand what exactly this means.

I have integrated VMAN with the existing Orion Platform and it seems to be working fine. Now the VMAN account is not the same as Venter and Hyper-V.

Also the Orion account does not match the credentials on VCentre and Hyper-V. Is there something I am missing due to this?

Thanks in advance for helping out with this.

Regards

Mian

• Hello,

You don't have to use same credentials for VMAN/Orion login as for vCenter/Hyper-V, so everything should be ok.

(vCenter/Hyper-V credentials are configured inside VMAN/Orion)

This part of documentation obviously need some corrections emoticons_happy.png