This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Email or SMS Notification for Tickets created after business hours

My situation is this.  Our IT department has "normal business hours" 8-4:30 M-F.  We support businesses and services that operate 24-7, and have the need to get an email or text sent to all techs on a ticket created if it is after our business hours. I cannot use locations and departments to do this as some tickets are sent in via email and will get no information populated until we as tech's update the ticket.

• If you are looking for all after hours tickets to send alerts, then you need to adjust the business hours in WHD to be 24/7. However, if you are looking for specific priorities to send alerts, as is typical in an on-call scenario, then you need to get creative with action rules, or look into a third party alerting solution like OpsGenie. A request for Solarwinds to add on-call functionality has been posted for a couple years, but the dev team hasn't announced it being road mapped yet.

• Here is that Feature Request if you'd like to "vote it up":  

• I feel like SW took their best shot at enabling this type of functionality with Alert Central.  Once many of us became adopters they stopped supporting it and it died on the vine.  I know there are still people using it (don't think its available for download any longer) but I couldn't count on an unsupported app for production alerts so I switched to OpGenie a couple years ago and have been very happy.  SW just announced their endorsement of OpsGenie to replace Alert Central.  

• kjette,

Do you have OpsGenie sending confirmations/updates back to WHD?  I assume you are using email as the integration tool between the applications, please advise if you are doing something else.

Thanks.

Rick

• Sadly thats the one feature thats missing but I don't think Alert Central did that either.  OpsGenie has a direct integration with Solarwinds NPM and I'm hoping now that they have endorsed OpGenie we'll get the same for WHD.  I have already asked the question.