This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 1607

Hello,

I am very new to Patch Manager.  I am trying to upgrade a machine from Windows 7 to Windows 10 1607 using Patch Manager.  The upgrade downloads successfully on the machine but the install fails throwing an error message that says, "Install failed.  The update does not support the current action (install or uninstall) HRESULT: 0x80242004".  If you push the upgrade from Windows Update on the actual machine, it will install fine.  After downloading the upgrade and going to install it, there is a GUI that asks if you would like to install it now or schedule it for later.  I spoke with someone from Tech Support at SolarWinds and her conclusion was that they have no way of interacting with the GUI, therefore the upgrade fails.  I figured that this would be something very easy to get around but they had no further solutions.  Can someone point me in the right direction and provide some help?  This has to be fairly easy to work around.  Thanks in advance.