This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM Backup Completion Report over time

Some background first. We have a requirement that the Cisco devices have a nightly backup. This backup runs each night and gets the running and startup config for each device.

I now need to report on the success percentage of these backups of the last month. For example if there are 30 days last month and I only had a successful backups on 29 of those days for all of my devices that would be a 96.6% success rate. I have considered doing a daily report on backup status and then using excel to manipulate the data, but that is a lot of work for something that I will be doing each month. Any help is appreciated.

• I'm not sure there would be an easy way to set this up. If one device fails overnight is that whole night considered a fail?

• I would want to consider it a failure as the automated backup did not succeed. Though checking for a backup on each day of the previous month would also be a valid way of looking at things.

• Not sure if you already have a solution in place but I'm not sure of a way to automate that report in Solarwinds without use of a custom SWQL or SQL query. I can say this thread helped expedite my daily config process:

Alerts on the age of the most recent NCM backup?

With those reports I am able to see the oldest config backup then stop as soon as I see the date for yesterday. It might help you quickly work out the daily / monthly percentages.

I don't have a requirement to get a report percentage, just to make sure they are as up to date as possible. As well as report any issues to those who can fix them if it can't be done by me or without a reboot.