2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2017 9:32 AM by wluther

How to Schedule Daily Backups for Configs

gegriggs@gmail.com

Hi,

I'm very new to SolarWinds.  I'm wondering if somebody can help me with how to schedule nightly backups for all the network devices in SolarWinds.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

George

• Re: How to Schedule Daily Backups for Configs
          wluther

gegriggs@gmail.com There is actually a default job for this already created. You simply need to go to the "Jobs" link, under the main "Configs" tab. From there, you can either create a new job to perform the device backups, or you can select the existing backup job, duplicate it, and modify it to fit your needs.

This is the direct link to the NCM Jobs page:

/Orion/NCM/Resources/Jobs/JobsList.aspx

ncm_jobs-001a.png

Thank you,

-Will

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • Re: How to Schedule Daily Backups for Configs
              wluther

gegriggs@gmail.com Here is the actual step-by-step from the official SolarWinds Success Center:

Schedule daily backups of config files - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

Schedule daily backups of config files

SolarWinds NCM installs an example job that downloads the configuration files nightly for all nodes in the database. You can modify the example for your specific needs, or you can create a new job.

1. Click My Dashboards > Configs > Jobs.
              2. Click Create New Job.
              3. Name the job, and select Download Configs from Devices from Job Type.
              4. Select the Schedule Type. If you are creating an Advanced schedule, use the five fields to create an appropriate cron expression.
              5. Add a comment if this job relates to a business rule, and click Next.
              6. Select the nodes to target with this job, and click Next.
              7. Select an email notification option, and click Next. If you click Email??Results, the default Email Notification Settings and SMTP Server Settings Email Notification Settings and SMTP Server Settings are populated. These settings can be overridden in each job.
              8. Select the configuration types you want to download, select the send config change notifications, and click Next.
              9. Review the settings for the job, and click Finish.

Let us know how it goes, and if you need anything else.

Thank you,

-Will

2 of 2 people found this helpful