3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2017 11:30 AM by kellytice

Displaying Company Locations

jayhall

I am working through our setup of Web Help Desk and have created two (2) companies with locations assigned to each company.  When we are creating a new ticket, all of the locations in the system are being displayed in the drop down list as opposed to just the locations assigned to the client.

How can just the locations for the company selected by displayed when entering a ticket?

Thank you,

Jay

• Re: Displaying Company Locations
          kellytice

Hmm.. the default behavior on mine is the way you desire it.

Specifically, i have a couple of Companies:

Bluth Company

TexasInterests

Those each have a couple of Locations assigned to them:

Bluth Company

Banana Stand

Bluth HQ

TexasInterests

TI-Austin

TI-Houston

(and i have a couple of other Locations not noted above)

When i have a user (Henry Faber) that is assigned to Company:  Bluth Company   and    Location:   Banana Stand

that user only sees the relevant Locations for 'his' Company:

bluth.png

So, my question to you would be:   For your Client users - do they have both a Location and Company set or just Location?

If i set my Henry Faber client account to not have a Company but instead only have a Location set, then i can see all Locations for all Companies:

bluth2.png

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              jayhall

I think I see the issue and I think I explained my question incorrectly.

If I have a technician who is logged in and has access to all companies and all locations, is it possible to just present the locations which are assigned to that specific company?

Thank you,

Jay

kellytice

Ah, from a Tech perspective!   Hmm...  lesseee...

OK, so in my environment i start to create a new ticket and choose a client who already has a Location assigned (Banana Stand) which makes that user by association be related to the Bluth Company company.

So what you're saying is that when the Tech goes to the ticket details tab and wants to change the location, you want the list of Locations in the field to be filtered to only show (using the above example) other locations for Bluth Company.

Unfortunately i don't think that's possible.  I can see the desire there, but as you've noted, when i (as a Tech) go to choose a 'new' Location for the ticket i can see all Locations for all Companies and I don't see a setting to limit that:

bluth3.png

2 of 2 people found this helpful