3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2017 3:38 AM by Steven Klassen

Additional C# Examples???

MagnAxiom

Are there, or does anyone have some additional C# examples using the C# SWISClient off the SDK Github website?

I'd love to see examples for each of the CRUD operations specific to Nodes (NPM).  How about when adding a  node, how do you also add custom properties?? Is it a separate operation(update) or can it all be done with one call?

• Re: Additional C# Examples???
          tdanner

I'll add "more C# examples" to the list, but in general we have the most samples for PowerShell. If you need help translating something from one of those scripts to C#, I can help.

When adding a node, you need to set the custom properies using a separate Update call once you have the new node's Uri.

MagnAxiom

Unfortunately, my PowerShell skills are even weaker than my C#, lol... I'd appreciate it.

my two main use cases are:

Create a node, along with it's custom properties

Update Existing Nodes/Custom properties.

Steven Klassen

You should give PowerShell a try. It certainly smacks of C# given that it's .NET under the covers. And like tdanner said, there are dozens of examples. Ultimately the C# "client" is just a wrapper around REST calls. Nothing magical. At least with PowerShell the SDK can abstract the push/pull of data to the REST client with a little less fuss using the PSCX (PowerShell Extension Community) objects to return data to you.