This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Overall Configuration Changes Snapshot

Hi,

We would like to obtain the Overall Configuration Changes Snapshot data via the SolarWinds API.

Note we want the actual data and not to embed the SolarWinds widget in our user interface.

Please can you assist.

pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Andrew

• Anyone have any ideas whereabouts I would look for this information within SWQL Studio?

Regards,

Andrew

• I asked the NCM dev team to answer this question. Hopefully you'll have an answer soon.

• Much appreciated - I will await their answer.

Regards,

Andrew

• And here's the query:

select distinct

CASE

WHEN CacheResults.DiffFlags = 1 THEN 'changed'

WHEN CacheResults.DiffFlags = 0 THEN 'unChanged'

ELSE 'unknown'

END as NCMNodeStatus,

NCMNodeProperties.NodeID,

Nodes.NodeID as CoreNodeID,

Nodes.VendorIcon,                                          

Nodes.Caption,

Nodes.IPAddress,

CacheResults.DiffFlags,

Nodes.DetailsUrl,

Nodes.Status,

Nodes.ChildStatus,

Nodes.Vendor,

Nodes.Icon,

OrionVendors.Icon,

ConfigType

FROM Cirrus.NodeProperties as NCMNodeProperties

join Orion.Nodes as Nodes on Nodes.NodeID=NCMNodeProperties.CoreNodeId

join Orion.NodesCustomProperties as OrionCustomProperties on Nodes.NodeId= OrionCustomProperties.NodeId

inner join Orion.Vendors AS OrionVendors ON Nodes.Vendor=OrionVendors.Name

left join

(

select

DiffFlag as DiffFlags,

NodeID,

ConfigType

from Cirrus.LatestComparisonResults         

where ComparisonType=4

) as CacheResults

on NCMNodeProperties.NodeID=CacheResults.NodeID             

ORDER BY Nodes.Caption ASC

• That's great - thank you very much.

I wouldn't of even thought to look under the Cirrus entries!

• Similarly, we'd like to query the Last Config change time, along with the actual change. Seems like that is available via the UI and I'm hoping it's also available via API. This would be based on already knowing a particular NodeID.

Thanks!!

Val

• I believe that what you're looking for can be found in Cirrus.ConfigArchive.

SELECT TOP 1000 ConfigID, NodeID, AttemptedDownloadTime, DownloadTime, ModifiedTime, Config

FROM Cirrus.ConfigArchive

ORDER BY NodeID, ModifiedTime DESC

This won't give you an analysis of exactly what the differences from the previous version are, if that's what you're looking for, but there are a number of diff tools that can perform that analysis, given the current and previous version of a file.

• thanks Dan!!

What do you think about querying Cirrus.LatestComparisonResults? I see the DiffFlag in there, wondering if this can be of use. (I did a join so I can get CoreNodeID, anticipating we will already have a known Orion NodeID)

SELECT TOP 10 lc.NodeID, lc.DiffFlag, lc.ComparisonType, lc.ConfigType, n.CoreNodeID

FROM Cirrus.LatestComparisonResults lc

LEFT JOIN ncm.Nodes n ON lc.NodeID = n.NodeID

WHERE lc.ConfigType = 'Running'

• Yes.  I did a little digging, and it looks like the DiffFlag gets updated when a comparison is performed.