2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2017 11:22 AM by cahunt

NCM report not showing all switches

pwz

NPM shows one of my switch stacks has the maximum of 9 switches.  I can see their health, power supplies, and so on.

When I run a report based on

NodeID must not be empty

Vendor is Cisco

MachineType is Cisco Catalyst 36xx

Class is 3

(This is identical to the 37xx switch report, I modified it and grabbed the machinetype info from my 36xx stack)

Whatever the case, it grabs most of the data from my switches but not all of it.  I have tried this in both preview mode and fully running the report.  Is there any easy way to get a full count of how many switches we have with NCM reporting or the Report Writer tool on the server?

• Re: NCM report not showing all switches
          jemertz

I'm thinking that some of the switches you intend to include are reporting different info for one of the many things you're testing.

Check each of those comparisons on a switch that you think it should include but it doesn't. You'll probably find one difference that's causing it to be left out.
          My reports usually have fewer comparisons. I always use Vendor=Cisco and usually find only one more thing to include (i.e. SystemName = [what I'm looking for] or MachineType=Cisco Catalyst 37xx) and sometimes more to exclude (i.e. System Name does not include *mdf-*).

• Re: NCM report not showing all switches
            cahunt

Check the Class Column in the NCM_Entity_Physical Table in your DB

or Display the class column and look for empty classes. These nodes will be filtered out by the class = 3.  I am currently looking for a cause/fix for this possibility.