This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Wireless HeatMaps - There is no available engine...

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone had come across this problem. We've had Solarwinds re-installed recently and everything has been working fine,until I came across this problem when attempting to create a new heat map. I've created a few before the re-install without any problems.

It starts to generate the map and then throws up the error ' There is no available engine to process the WirelessHeatMap generation'.

Screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

• I have raised a ticket with the support team and will report the outcome for anyone else who may run into this issue.

• What was your resolution? Can you share?

• This literally got resolved yesterday, your timing is incredible emoticons_happy.png

I was informed that it was pretty uncommon and some of the support techs hadn't even seen it before. It was finally resolved by a developer who created a customised .DLL file for us. After replacing the existing .DLL file it resolved the issue. I think the DLL file modified the timeout thresholds along with some other things.

They did however look at similar case files and said a number of fixes tried with other people did seem to resolve their problem, which included: Windows updates, installing the latest hot fixes, re-installing the CoreInstaller and JobEngine.v2 plugins and re-installing Network Atlas. None of these things worked for us, but they may work for you if you haven't done them already.

If you're still getting issues I would log a support ticket with the team as it required several webex sessions, a load of diagnostic gathering and various other things which finally resolved the problem for us.

Hope this helps.

• Very nice to hear you got a resolution. Unfortunately this came up after an upgrade to current releases. I will look into these possibilities though, thank you for the insight.

• No problem. If you need any more info let me know. Another thing that was highlighted (which I don't think caused the problem) was our anti-virus. Anti-virus that's installed on the server can apparently cause an incomplete installation. I actually attempted a complete re-install with the anti-virus disabled and it didn't help us; but I could see how it may have caused problems as it can block some of the background installations.

We were also advised to update to the latest .net framework - might be worth checking that.

• Indeed, I should be poking into that more next week. I'll let you know how it goes.