4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2017 1:31 PM by jkump

Switchport Mapper and Nexus Nx-os

jkump

I am migrating from Catalyst 6500 switches to Nexus 9500 switches but switch port mapper is not returning IP, DNS, etc for any of the ports.  I am trying to figure out what is wrong.

I am using SNMP v2c on the switch and SNMP v3 on the Layer 3 switch to gather the data.

Anyone else experiencing this with NX-OS.  It works correctly with Catalyst IOS devices.

• Re: Switchport Mapper and Nexus Nx-os
          Kurt H

SolarWinds is working on getting the Nexus Product line integrated into Engineers Toolset. I run into this problem with the Nexus 5k, 7k series.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              jkump

Good to hear.  The drawback is that I utilize the tool all the time to determine device connections, etc.  Now, I don't have a usable way of doing that without manually performing the tasks of showing the IP arp table and then tracking the MAC address.  Hopefully, they will get it updated soon.  We are looking at purchasing the SW UDT but that will not be until the next fiscal year.

cpacifico

I have a client that we just migrated to Nexus switches as well....I am having the same issue, not a big deal right now as it is not in production yet, but will be soon......

jkump

I ended up for another reason enabling IP Routing on my switches.  At least then, I can use the option for layer 3 from the switch to map out my ports.  It is not ideal but at least I get the necessary data that I need when I need it.  Just waiting patiently for the tool to be updated........