This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to Upgrade an Additional Poller to NPM 12.0.1

This is how I was able to upgrade an Additional Poller running NPM 12.0 to NPM 12.0.1.  Installs from system to system may very. 

Step 1.  Upgrade Core Orion Server Software first.

Step 2.  Install NPM 12.0.1 Poller software

Step 3.  Install NTA 4.2.1 Bundle

Step 4.  Install NTA Hotfix 1

Step 5.  Run Configuration Wizard

Step 6.  Install NCM 7.5.1 poller software

Step 7.  Install SAM 6.3 poller software

Step 8.  Run Configuration Wizard

Step 9.  Install SAM Hotfix 1

Step 10.  Run Configuration Wizard

I was hoping Solarwinds could have updated the Additional Poller Bundle with the recent Core Software upgrade, but I am guessing I am too quick on the upgrade trigger. 

I tried the (NEW) Orion Scalability Engine Installer, but I am unable to download .exe files. 

• I had the same issue CourtesyIT​, I was doing upgrades on monday (MLK), and found out that you have to uninstall your hotfixes in order to be able to patch the AP, after having done hotfixes on the main poller.

I'm wondering if stevenwhunt​ will have a patch in the works to fix this problem, to go in hand with the idea of automated updating of AP's as I believe was the plan down the road.

• Not my particular arena, but I will make sure the right eyes get on this.

• The scalability engines installer is downloadable from within the product. The installer file is hosted locally on the Orion server itself. There's no need to download it from the Customer Portal. Simply head to [Settings -> All Settings -> Polling Engines] and click the "Download Installer Now" button in the top right of the page.

pastedImage_0.png

• So should we be doing scalability engines installer instead of going through what CourtesyIT​ mentioned aLTeReGo​ ? I already upgraded to NPM 12.01 and applied hotfixes before trying to upgrade the AP and now have to go back and downgrade the main poller, just to upgrade the AP it seems.

• aLTeReGo​,  Do you have more information on this download?  Not sure what I can do with this download or where to put it?  What about Additional Webservers?

• We have four additional Polling Engines and two additional Web Servers. For obvious reasons we want to use the "new" Orion Scalability Engine Installer, but when run (on the first additional poller) it responds with an error stating that we are not up to the required versions, which was untrue since the upgrade on the main system was completed and successful. We have a ticket open with support. It took five hours to do the main upgrade and having to do individual application updates for NPM, NCM and SAM on each additional device is unacceptable. Since the all in one additional poller installer is no longer updated, the new installer should work, but does not. I also did not find any documentation concerning the new installer's requirements or operation. If someone else knows where it is please let me know.

• Hmmmm, I meant to add  for CourtesyIT that the Scalability installer is supposed to usable for both pollers and web servers. The download is the same file. Waiting to hear back from Support.

• Yes,  I built a new server and deployed through the web console for my additional poller and webserver.  Also the HA items are in there as well. 

• Hmm? I tried scalability installer on my AP and it didn't work.  Support told me expressly not to run it, as well.

Wonder what's missing.

• Yes, I had an issue downloaded a zip file, so I went through the Web Console.  

My Dashboards > All Settings > Web Console Settings > Download Installer Now button (Upper Right).

Then moved that 6mb file to where I needed.

1.  Turn off UAC Slider on target server and Core

2.  Run as Administrator

3.  Give you options for HA, Poller, Webserver.

Easily and awesome way to do this.