2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2017 5:08 PM by cyribus

Duplicate Account Creation

tech_guy

Hoping someone can point out what setting to change. Currently we have multiple authentication servers, Mac OS Xserve OpenLDAP, Active Directory so I get we have duplicate accounts that way which is fine till we get everyone on the Active Directory server. Problem is we also allow them to email in tickets to a specific email. For some reason when they send them in or reply to emails, WHD keeps creating new accounts with all duplicate information and a new ticket. What settings do I need to check or change to fix this. I think this is a bug as it started happening after the last WHD update. Please help!!!

• Re: Duplicate Account Creation
          kellytice

That does seem kind of buggy - since the first three i can understand - usernames are different.   but if you isolate just those last two, they look identical (at least in terms of the fields shown there).  You may want to open a support ticket if you are under current maintenance.

If you think that your users are all "in" the system in one way or another already, you could disable the setting that allows email tickets to create new accounts.   (Setup -> E-Mail -> Options -> "create accounts for unrecognized senders")

• Re: Duplicate Account Creation
            cyribus

I have seen the same problem coming from two sources. One is the person is using something like Incognito and the system does not recognize them even if they are an existing client. I have seen the system create over 18 accounts for s single user due to this. If the person is a member of Google Groups also it could cause this issue. Do you have "Client Can Create Account" set to "Only if client's email matches an accepted domain" on both the client and email options?