This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

iDrac Hard Drive Status - How to Create an Alert?

I've managed to get SNMP data from our iDrac controllers, but I'm totally lost on setting up an alert. The table below (which I set to show on my Health page) shows the data that's being generated. What I'm trying to do is create two alerts, one that will look at physicalDiskSmartAlertIndication and alert if the value is 1, and one that will look at physicalDiskState and alert if the value is 1, 7, or 9.

I got the data by using the server based Universal Device Poller tool, and creating 3 Uiversal Device Pollers, one each that would check status on PhysicalDiskNumber, PhysicalDiskSmartAlertIndication, and PhysicalDiskState, then combining those to a single display on the Health page.

Sorry to sound like I'm totally lost, but from the web based Add New Alert I can't find anything that shows me those entries so I can create the alerts. Anyone have a "walk through" for either one of the alerts (once I've done one, I THINK I can do the other).

pastedImage_1.png

• You should be able to use Advanced Alerts to set this up. Here is what I think should get you your desired result. This assumes that you have a custom property that all iDRACs are tagged as so they can be filtered out.

SMART Alert Alert

I want to alert on: Custom Node Poller

Trigger Condition:

All child conditions must be satisfied (AND)

Node - Device (CUSTOM PROPERTY - whatever you want) - is equal to - iDRAC

and

Custom Node Poller - Unique Name (Custom Poller) - is equal to - physicalDiskSmartAlertIndication

and

Custom Node Poller - Current Value (Custom Poller) - is equal to - 1

Disk State Alert

I want to alert on: Custom Node Poller

Trigger Condition:

All child conditions must be satisfied

Node - Device (CUSTOM PROPERTY - whatever you want) - is equal to - iDRAC

and

Custom Node Poller - Unique Name (Custom Poller) - is equal to - physicalDiskState

At least one child node must be satisfied (OR)

Custom Node Poller - Current Value (Custom Poller) - is equal to - 1

or

Custom Node Poller - Current Value (Custom Poller) - is equal to - 7

or

Custom Node Poller - Current Value (Custom Poller) - is equal to - 9

• Off topic - How did you make that table?

I'm starting to explore SNMP data presentation and would love to know how that one is done.

Many thanks!

EDIT - Google is yer friend

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi3x6isrcDRAhXIjFQKHYO0BtMQFggdM…