This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Macro's don't work, at least some of them

Hi all,

I am creating a event called User welcome message. It is suppose to send an email to a new user with their login name and password.

A lot of things work, but the things I need most, don,t. The are

$Name

$Password

I know it is working because when i put in something like $OS i see in the welcome email: Windows server 2012

Any ideas ?

• When you are testing out macros/variables in Serv-U for the first time, I always recommending a "rainbow" message that uses ALL available macros so you can which ones are really filled in by each event.  To get a complete list of macros for your rainbow message, go to this KB:

System Variables In Serv-U

...and cut/paste the complete list into a text file, then cut/paste that into your message.  (Optionally, you could clean it up a bit, but I usually don't bother.)

In your case, I'd look at options in Serv-U like "Simple two-way encryption (less secure)" (so that there's a password for events to access) and some of the built-in password recovery options.  Note this note on the official $Password description: "$Password - The password associated with the user account. It is intended only for events. It should NOT be used for welcome messages."

- - - - -

"Are you a Certified File Transfer Professional (CFTP) yet?"