This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

VNQM

Hi everyone ,

We have to implement VNQM in a network where the client is using MITEL IP phones. I know  that IP SLA is a CISCO technology that supports it's call manager and IP phones, but I want to know that if we implement VNQM for non CISCO IP phones like MITEL will this work. Has anybody experience of that, please share. One thing I want to mention that in our client environment there are cisco routers for connectivity between cities but IP Phones are non CISCO. Kindly help me with this.

THANKS

• To be clear, IP SLA has nothing to do with managing phones or Call Manager. directly. It simulates traffic to determine quality of a path between 2 routers or L3 switches. It can be manually configured to help choose a best L3 route given multiple routes, but I don't think that VNQM has an automatic push of that config.

The call stats function of VNQM is quite separate, and uses data from supported Cisco and Avaya Call Data Records.

I imagine that if your Mitel phones are managed by a version of Cisco Call Manager, you can get call stats on them. But I don't have Mitel phones, so I cannot speak from experience.

• Hi Foonly,

Thanks for your kind reply.