This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Using Orion Credential Set for SNMPv3 when Adding Node through SDK

I see that you can use Orion Credential Sets when configuring a Node to use SNMPv3 although I have never tried it.  I am not seeing that an "Orion.Nodes property" exists for this in SDK.

Is there a way to relate the SNMPv3 configuration to a Credential Set when adding a Node using SDK?

THANKS

• SNMPv3 credential sets are associated with nodes via an entry in Orion.NodeSettings with SettingName='ROSNMPCredentialID' (for credentials used in read operations) and SettingName='RWSNMPCredentialID' (for credentials used in write operations).

There are two ways to add an SNMPv3 node in the API: by creating an instance of Orion.Nodes or by running a discovery. They each have strengths and weaknesses, but in general I would recommend using the discovery method. And for what you are asking about - specifying SNMPv3 credentials by referencing a pre-existing credential set instead of providing all of the details each time - only the discovery method supports it.

See this example script: https://github.com/solarwinds/OrionSDK/blob/master/Samples/PowerShell/DiscoverSnmpV3Node.ps1