3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2017 2:50 PM by kellytice

Recipients selection is remembered?

byrona

It seems that the check boxes you select in the recipients section of the ticket is remembered on a per-tech basis; is this correct?  If so is there a way to change that behavior?

• Re: Recipients selection is remembered?
          kellytice

There is a setting for each Tech Group Level that defines what is checked there by default.

Go into Level 1 of a Tech Group (Setup -> Techs -> Tech Groups -> [select the tech group to open it] -> click Tech Group levels tab -> Open Level 1)

There is an option for "Default Selected E-Mail Recipients"

Each tech Group level can have that set however you want it.

byrona

kellytice thanks for the help on this.  I checked the setting you suggest and I don't have anything checked.  What I am seeing happen is that it seems to be remembering my specific settings on each ticket.  For example, I had set the Client as a recipient in a ticket, leave that ticket and to into a different ticket and then go back to the original ticket it will still show the Client box checked.  I have also confirmed that those settings seems to be remember based on what I set for other techs also.  I can only assume that when the recipients are selected and the save button on the ticket is clicked that those settings are also saved; is that accurate?

kellytice

"What I am seeing happen is that it seems to be remembering my specific settings on each ticket.  For example, I had set the Client as a recipient in a ticket, leave that ticket and to into a different ticket and then go back to the original ticket it will still show the Client box checked."

--Yep, that is in line with what i remember - the system will remember on a per-ticket basis.   it's useful for things like when someone CC:s someone else on a ticket; by default that ticket will 'remember' that CC: (unless someone explicitly removes that CC:)

"I have also confirmed that those settings seems to be remember based on what I set for other techs also.  I can only assume that when the recipients are selected and the save button on the ticket is clicked that those settings are also saved; is that accurate?"  

--This is the part i'm not sure of.  When i have some time, i may try to play with this to get an answer.