This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

require clients to select asset model when selecting parent request type?

I would like to force the clients to select the asset model once they choose the request type. Please see the attached picture.

pastedImage_1.png

They select number 1, and then they can save with 3 right away. I would like to make it require 1 (which it is), then require model type and all drop down by (2), and then they will be able to submit. This is the only thing that is stopping us from rolling this out company wide. 

• It's not possible to force them to select a model.   The closest i can think to get you there is that you could create a Ticket Custom Field and set that custom field to show up on the particular Request Types that you want it to.  

That custom field could either be a list of models (note:  that would be a manually populated list - it would not read from the "Models" field in WHD) or it could be a Yes/No radio button with a title like "I have selected the asset or model in the section below".