This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion.PerformanceCounters

I'm trying to extract the raw performance information using the Orion API. I've tried SWQL Studio but I get the following error:

SolarWinds.Data.Query.ParserException: The parameter(s) 'Category' are missing for entity Orion.PerformanceCounters

Using the following query:

SELECT CategoryName, InstanceName, CounterName, RawValue FROM Orion.PerformanceCounters

• This entity uses an obscure SWQL feature for parameters. SWQL Studio doesn't show this in the tree, so there's not really any way to discovery it. You can use it like this:

SELECT CategoryName, InstanceName, CounterName, RawValue

FROM Orion.PerformanceCounters(Category='Processor')

or

SELECT CategoryName, InstanceName, CounterName, RawValue

FROM Orion.PerformanceCounters(Category='.NET CLR Memory')

You can see the available categories in the Windows "perfmon" tool.

• Also, I don't know what data you are looking for. This may not be it. This entity is a real-time view of the local Windows Performance Counters of the Orion server itself. If you are looking for the performance data that Orion has collected from the monitored nodes, that's in other entities. If you can tell me more about what you are looking for I can direct you to the right place.

• I'm looking for the hourly averages for all the counters SolarWinds collects from all the defined nodes. So like, CPU, Memory, Network, Storage, etc..

• CPU and memory are in Orion.CPULoad

Network traffic is in Orion.NPM.InterfaceTraffic

Storage is in Orion.VolumePerformanceHistory