3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2017 3:12 PM by xpowels

Is there an on/off graphic? Like a light switch or a stop light?

xpowels

I have been working on some dashboards with some UnDPs that are 0 or 1. I'd really like to just display a graphic showing a pic of a light switch On or Off, or maybe a Green or Red light. Does something like that exist and I've just missed it?

And how about a vertical gauge that looks like a thermometer?

• Re: Is there an on/off graphic? Like a light switch or a stop light?
          mesverrum

Nope, nothing like that built in unfortunately.  One thing you can do for the UNDP's is to edit them on the server and go to the advanced settings and change the type to Enumerate and then hit map values.  That way you can have it display readable descriptions of the stats, most undp enumerations are already populated in the system.  To accomplish what you asked for I typically just end up building a custom swql resource with case logic that displays different values with the up/down/warning icons next to them.  You can see a basic example of that logic with this one.

SELECT ServerName, IP, ServerType, Elements, Nodes, Interfaces, Volumes, PollingCompletion, MinutesSinceKeepAlive, 
          CASE
          WHEN PollingCompletion < 98 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Serious.png'
          WHEN PollingCompletion > 99 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Check.png'
          END AS [_IconFor_PollingCompletion]
          , CASE
          WHEN MinutesSinceKeepAlive > 2 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Serious.png'
          WHEN MinutesSinceKeepAlive <3 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Check.png'
          END AS [_IconFor_MinutesSinceKeepAlive]
          ,CASE
          WHEN Elements>= 11500 THEN '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Down.gif'
          WHEN Elements< 11500 and Elements >= 9000 THEN '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Warning.gif'
          WHEN Elements<  9000 THEN '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Up.gif'
          END AS [_IconFor_Elements]
          ,'/Orion/Admin/Details/Engines.aspx' as [_linkfor_ServerName]
          FROM Orion.Engines

order by ServerName

-Marc Netterfield

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

• Re: Is there an on/off graphic? Like a light switch or a stop light?
            d09h

You can use SAM module to poll an OID.  And then set the high/ warning/ low status to leverage color icons.  I have done exactly that to show red LED next to high environmental temperatures that I had been UDP polling.  Just set up a SAM component monitor to query same OID.  My use case was people not noticing the high temperatures until I gave them LED status icons (down.gif and warning.gif).

The solution frommesverrum   seems more streamlined--no SAM required.  Mine had the advantage of being less complex SWQL if I recall correctly, as the component monitors seemed easier to hook up to LED icons for a weak SQL/SWQL query writer like myself.

SNMP monitor

showing Universal Device Poller temperature with an down / warning icon or even red/ yellow color