This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Application Monitor Reporting Status as "Unknown"

Currently have an application monitor template I created applied to several servers throughout our environment. Nothing out of the ordinary.

The issue here is, is that the template works for all servers I have it applied to, except for one.

This one server has the same services being monitored as the others, is connected to the network and ping-able, I'm able to access it via WMI, and all monitored services are up and running.

I just cant think of any other place to check as to why it is reporting back with an "unknown" status still.

Anyone else encounter this before? Trying to think of other tests I can perform. Tried other credentials as well. Still no change. Along with deleting the monitor and reapplying it.

• For those who may come across this in the future...

After working with support we turned debugging on for the specific application template, reviewed the logs on the specific application template (each app template has it's own ID and can be found in: "C:\Programdata\Solarwinds\Logs\APM"), along with rebuilding the job engine and performance counters, we were still coming up short.

The issue ended up being because of the performance counters on the monitored server.

I ran the following below from a elevated command prompt on the affected server and this successfully brought my template online: 

Rebuilding the counters:

cd c:\windows\system32

lodctr /R

cd c:\windows\sysWOW64

lodctr /R

Resyncing the counters with Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI):

WINMGMT.EXE /RESYNCPERF