2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2017 12:08 PM by aLTeReGo

    SAM 6.4 Beta

    cscoengineer

      Am excited about the Performance analysis. 

       

      At first it looked really odd:

      But when expanded the widow, it looked better.   I do miss seeing the values as a graph is hovered, like the normal resource.

       

      When we display two metrics, it would be nice to stack them.  I didn't see any way of changing the graph type (bar, line, area, pie).  A pie chart is something a lot of clients want to see.

       

      What's really annoying is that I don't know what the metrics are.  When I hover over them, it should at least give me the full name,  Just by looking I can't tell the difference between the two "PROCESS (SOLARWINDS IINFO..."

       

      All in all - a good beginning.  

        • Re: SAM 6.4 Beta
          Steven Hunt

          Thanks for the feedback!

          • Re: SAM 6.4 Beta
            aLTeReGo

            Great feedback, cscoengineer! Responses inline below:

             

            Amit Shah wrote:

             

            Am excited about the Performance analysis. 

             

            Very glad to hear it. So are we

             

            Amit Shah wrote:

             

            I do miss seeing the values as a graph is hovered, like the normal resource.

            This will be addressed in the SAM 6.4 Beta 2 release which should be made available in the not-so-distant future.

             

            Amit Shah wrote:

             

            When we display two metrics, it would be nice to stack them. 

            What exactly do you mean by 'Stack'. There's no requirement to place multiple metrics within the same chart. if it's desirable you can stack another chart on top or below the existing chart simply by dragging the metric into the chart area.

             

            Amit Shah wrote:

             

            I didn't see any way of changing the graph type (bar, line, area, pie).  A pie chart is something a lot of clients want to see.

            The Performance Analysis Dashboard will automatically select the best possible way to represent the data being expressed. There are Bar, Line, and Area chart types scattered throughout where they make the most sense. The ability to manually select between the chart types may be something we consider for a future release. As for Pie charts, we know there have been numerous requests for more Pie charts in Orion. Unfortunately they do not make much sense in the context of the Performance Analysis Dashboard, which is intended to represent time series data. Pie charts percentage only, with no ability to compare those percentages over time.

             

            Amit Shah wrote:

             

            What's really annoying is that I don't know what the metrics are.  When I hover over them, it should at least give me the full name,  Just by looking I can't tell the difference between the two "PROCESS (SOLARWINDS IINFO..."

            This is a know issue we are tracking internally under PS-378 that we hope to address in time for the upcoming SAM 6.4 Beta 2 release.