Was looking at the changes in 2016.2 HotFix 2 which was released on the 22nd of December, and found:
"SolarWinds® Orion® Core 2016.2.5300 Hotfix
This hotfix addresses a CPU utilization issue on multi-core nodes running
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2 when using Agent or WMI polling methods.
Install this hotfix on each SolarWinds poller and polling agent.
"INSTALL THE HOTFIX ON THE AGENT
1. Extract all files from the ZIP archive containing the hotfix and this readme.
2. Open the Services Snap-In and stop the SolarWinds Agent service.
3. Navigate to the following directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Agent\Plugins\Core
4. Back up the following file to a separate location:
5. Copy the hotfix file to the Orion directory, overwriting the existing file.
6. Start SolarWinds Agent service.
The hotfix is installed on the SolarWinds Agent."
This is one of the reasons I've been very hesitant to go for a general site wide agent deployment to our nodes versus sticking with WMI or SNMP.
Is there an ETA for this fix being integrated into the Orion suite so that the deployed agents can be auto patched via the GUI, versus having to go into each agent individually?
Not yet, that may be inserted in the installation package. Right now they have the new NPM 12.0.1 - SolarWinds-NPM-v12.0.1-Full-CU1
NPM 12.0.1 with Cumulative Update 1 contains:
Orion Platform HotFix 1
NPM HotFix 1
NetPath HotFix 1
I know they don't disclose something like that. So, can happen.