This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

VMAN SSL Certificate

I am posting this so that it may help someone out in the future as I worked on this for 2 weeks.

I was trying to get SSL using a certificate from my CA working for my VMAN instance.  I followed the instructions provided at the following link.

Add an SSL certificate to Virtualization Manager - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

After trying several different things I still could not get the certificate to be recognized.  The steps provided no errors, but my browser still stated that the certificate was not trusted.  I opened a ticket with support but they stated that they could not help as it was not a problem with VMAN itself.

Upon inspection of the details, I noticed that the certificate that the browser was pulling had an expiration date of March 2017, while the actual certificate has an expiration of December 2018.

I then took a look at the detail of the keystore using the command keytool -list.  When I listed the certificates using -keystore mykeystore, I was provided with a certificate that showed it was a "trustedCertEntry".  However, when I used -keystore /etc/hyper9/mykeystore, I was provided with a certificate PrivateKeyEntry.  See attached screenshot.

So, I changed step 15 to the following:

./keytool -import -alias tomcat -keystore /etc/hyper9/mykeystore -trustcacerts -file chain_certificate_filename

This uploaded the certificate to the correct location.