This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

About Solarwinds MSP

Hello everyone,

First of all, i'm a new and learning Solarwinds. I wanna ask that what is "Solarwinds MSP" exactly ?

What is difference between Another Main modules (NPM,NCM or anothers..) and MSP ?  I mean, why i choose MSP or which cases should go on with MSP ?

I checked solarwindsmsp.com  but i'm a little bit confuse because of same words emoticons_happy.png

I'm looking forward for your answers,

Thank you so much from now,

• Hi - thanks for your question.

SolarWindsMSP is designed for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) that support small or medium businesses that probably do not have an IT person or department, as well as for IT departments with large distributed systems to manage.

From a capability perspective, SolarWindsMSP provides:

- Endpoint monitoring (i.e. laptops)

- AntiVirus

- eMail filtering

- Backup

- Patch management

- Helpdesk management (ticketing) and

- Remote control

The traditional SolarWinds product (NPM, SAM, etc.) provide deeper visibility into infrastructure: servers, applications, storage systems because they are designed to help the small to large IT department. There are some commonalities like patch management.

In other words, if you manage IT for multiple small and medium businesses and need to manage endpoints, the SolarWindsMSP is the right product set for you to start with - eventually some of the traditional SolarWinds products like LEM may be complementary and useful. Most SolarWindsMSP products are offered as a hosted service (SaaS) with a monthly bill.

On the other hand, if you work at an IT department and need better monitoring, troubleshooting, capacity planning and performance management, then the Orion-based SolarWinds products are a better fit to start, while some of the SolarWinds MSP products like Backup or Risk Intelligence might be also attractive. Orion-based SolarWinds products are sold under a perpetual license.

I hope this helps.