4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2016 9:43 AM by deverts

Any hints on troubleshooting device polling?

pcheek1991

I am currently using NPM 12, the 2 polling servers, and the DB server seem to be in good-health.

What has begun to happen is at an arbitrary date (approx 3 weeks ago) Solarwinds orion has started to fail at polling device hardware stats on Cisco devices. It seems like from 11/29/16 it just can't poll hardware stats, it is bizarre because if I click on "List Resources" on a device I can see the SNMP-driven communication occur and Solarwinds will populate the list of interfaces for me to select to be managed. Once managed though the devices will sit at all 0's for its metrics, if it was a managed interface that existed before that arbitrary date / time the stats will display what they were at that time with the warning "This data is obsolete."

Additionally, if I navigate to my version of this page "http://oriondemo.solarwinds.com/Orion/Admin/HistoricalStatistics.aspx" I can see that the data in Cisco Buffer Statistics, Interface Traffic Statistics, Interface Error Statistics states that it has not been updated since that aforementioned time.

Data from other services such as agents is working and recording as normal.

Has anyone encountered this behavior before? I have searched these forums for answers but couldn't find anyone with my described symptoms.

--

EDIT:

Looked at the collector logs and I constantly see this error:

2016-12-21 09:43:12,229 [39] ERROR Main - Can't load native library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SolarWinds\OpenSSL\x64\libeay32.dll', error code: 126

2016-12-21 09:43:12,229 [39] ERROR Main - AES Error: Not able to load OpenSSL library from path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SolarWinds\OpenSSL\x64\libeay32.dll into process.

2016-12-21 09:43:12,229 [39] ERROR Main - Unable to encrypt PDU with AES

2016-12-21 09:43:12,229 [39] ERROR Main - Can't load native library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SolarWinds\OpenSSL\x64\libeay32.dll', error code: 126

2016-12-21 09:43:12,229 [39] ERROR Main - AES Error: Not able to load OpenSSL library from path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SolarWinds\OpenSSL\x64\libeay32.dll into process.

I presume it is related to my problem, how would I go about getting a fresh copy of the libeay32.dll library?

Message was edited by: Paul Cheek