4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2017 9:21 AM by craney1029

Apple Application Support (x64) checksum issue on ver 5.2

craney1029

Having an issue when downloading the latest iTunes 12-5-4-42 (x64) and extracting the AppleApplicationSupport64.msi file, when importing into the Apple Application Support 5.2 (x64) receive an invalid error.

the error is - "The checksum of the file that was selected does not match the one in package. Select another file that matches AppleApplicationSupport64.msi"

Any pointers on how to get the currect file, given am downloading from the recommended link in patchmanager.

Thanks for any help

• Re: Apple Application Support (x64) checksum issue on ver 5.2
          frgpugs

Ive had a problem with the x64 version of itunes for the last 2 patches.  The traditional workaround is to right click on the package and go to edit, then advance to the packageboot screen where you can select the radio button for I already have this package and then point patch manager to where you have it downloaded.

Last version of itunes it would not even let me put the package in manually like that.  This version it let me put it in but I have no computers showing up as needing the update even though its on about 400 PCs.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              antwesor

frgpugs wrote:

Ive had a problem with the x64 version of itunes for the last 2 patches.  The traditional workaround is to right click on the package and go to edit, then advance to the packageboot screen where you can select the radio button for I already have this package and then point patch manager to where you have it downloaded.

Last version of itunes it would not even let me put the package in manually like that.  This version it let me put it in but I have no computers showing up as needing the update even though its on about 400 PCs.

I usually have to approve both the apple application support (x64) and the 32 bit versions before any workstations detect itunes. I am also getting the checksum error for fhis go around for apple application support (x64), the 32 bit version seems to work fine. Thanks for the workaround.

craney1029

Thanks for the work around, totally forgot about that.

The only thing is that all the issues stem around the (x64) bit version I find....