This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Trying to create a custom powershell monitor

I am trying to create a powershell monitor to check a websites search availability, however if I run this script as an administrator on powershell on my PC everything works fine, if I run this on my PC without launching as admin I recieve errors on this script.

When I am trying to use this script on Solarwinds Powershell monitor I am getting the same errors I would if I ran this script from my PC without admin privileges. It might be something obvious but is there a way to run these scripts as admin if they are not already?

Thanks

• Without details on the script, it might be a little hard to understand what exactly is going on.  The fact you're having to launch the script as admin suggests it might be triggering some UAC rule that wants elevated access.  What's the error you get when you run it without admin access? Is it your own custom script? Can we see it?

• When creating a component monitor you select the credentials to be used. If your nodes are monitored by an account with admin privileges then "Inherit from node" is probably appropriate. Otherwise select some saved credentials which will have the appropriate privileges - if none of the current ones are appropriate then you can some new ones through the credentials library in the SAM Settings.