This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM and NCM Upgrade from 11.5 to 12.0.1

I have virtual server of 2.30 GHz having 8 core and want to upgrade to the NPM 12.0.1

But i am in deli ma to go with the upgrade and i have a very big environment to monitor.

Do i have to upgrade the hardware requirement ? 

• I wouldn't think you'd have to change the specs if it's working on 11.5. We have several modules (of which NCM is one of them) and actually noticed a decrease in CPU on the main poller following the upgrade.

• Use the following resources for planning and upgrading:

Use the Product Upgrade Advisor to build your upgrade path. The path provides the exact products and versions to upgrade in a sequence to the latest versions.

As you are upgrading NPM and other modules, use the multiple products upgrade guide.

The guide includes checklists and instructions to help you plan and execute your upgrade including the HW and software requirements to your multi-module environment.

When you are ready, download the upgrade package from the SolarWinds Customer Portal.