This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Lab 39 PowerShell Connection Issue

Hi all, I am trying to follow along with SLW Lab #39 where a powershell query was ran

Select IPaddress, nodeid, caption

From orion.nodes

I seem to be having an issue when being asked for SwisConnection details.  I am getting the error below

pastedImage_1.png

If I run the command shown below, it does seem to indicate I do connect  I am running this locally on a development application server instance

pastedImage_2.png

Great lab video by the way, looking forward to another API lab hopefully.  Thanks!

• When you run "Get-SwisData" with no arguments, PowerShell asks you for a value for the required "SwisConnection" parameter. You typed "Connect-Swis -Hostname ..." at the prompt. The problem is that this is not a prompt for a PowerShell command - it is a prompt for a string that PowerShell will use for this parameter.

It will work better if you supply the arguments up front. Like this:

$swis = Connect-Swis -Hostname xxxx -Username xxxx -Password xxxx

Get-SwisData $swis "Select IPaddress, nodeid, caption From orion.nodes"