This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Phishing Simulator?

Does Solarwinds have a way to send out phishing emails to employees to test?

Thanks!

• Not that I am aware of. Our site uses a hosted solution where they handle the entire process. Drafting the fake emails, sending to the users, and collecting the results. I am not sure the cost but the service seems to be very useful and having a list of the folks who fell for the bait is a VERY powerful coaching tool. We have metrics that show a dramatic decrease in the number of users who clicked the URL or opened the attachment each time a test was done. These lists became a fun IT topic as we were able to see who got duped on our teams. I now find myself hesitant to even open legit email out of fear its a trap. In the end the service was a success, users are now more careful about what they click. If you would like more info about the service PM me.

• We do something similar.  One suggestion I have if you are considering it; look at the people that fall the the phishing attempt and those that don't fall for it - ever.  Obviously those that fell for it need training.  Those that never fall for it, maybe decrease the frequency of the tests they see and/or have them help spread the word of how to spot a phish.