This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Auto Assign by Location - Ticket Type

Our school staff submit tickets by email.

When I assign a Ticket Type to the Ticket, I would like the ticket to get auto assigned to a technician.

That was working for us until this year. We added a 2nd Technology Coach, and now some tickets do not get auto assigned correctly. The problem is we have hardware technicians at schools (School Manager) and we have Software Coaches for Schools (Group Manager).

If I select Group Manager to Auto Assign, than all tickets to the Software Ticket Types get assigned to the Group Manager (but in reality I have 2 Group Managers).

If I select Give Precedence to the School Manager, than Software Ticket Types get assigned to the Hardware Technician.

Seems like I cannot fix this (am I correct)?

Example: I have a Ticket Type of Software > Google Mail (Group Manager for this ticket type is Tech A)

At School 1 I would like the Ticket Auto Assigned to Tech A (Tech L is School Manager and Tech A is Group Manager and this Works)

At School 2 I would like the Ticket Auto Assigned to Tech B (Tech H is School Manager and Tech A is Group Manager, but Tech B is the Tech for this issue at this school and I can only have 1 Group Manager for this ticket type)

• Each Tech Group can only have one Group Manager, so i can see how if you have 2 people in what you consider to be that role (Software Coaches) that the system may not work for you as designed.

One way of working around it might be through creation of one or more Action Rules that can say, for example:

Check all tickets when they are made for certain criteria:

If the Ticket is Request Type Software->Google Mail AND Location is School2

THEN do an Action to modify the ticket and set the Assigned Technician to ​Tech B

of course, that is an action that would kick off after initial ticket creation so for a (very) short time period it may be assigned to the 'wrong' Tech until the Action Rule reassigns it.