This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitor specific interfaces in one view

I'm trying to figure out how to see the netflow data from specific devices in my network in one view.

Specifically,

I have about 30 routers at different sites.  Each one has one or two interfaces configured to export netflow data.  I want to see all of them in a single view, but not any of the other devices/ports in the network that are also exporting netflow data.

Ideally I'd like to be able to see the utilization (in a graph or meter format) of those links on our display over the service desk.  I've found ways to see ALL of the netflow traffic, I've seen ways to see the top XX traffic links, but I have not found a view with the granularity to allow one to pick and choose which interfaces are monitored in a single view.

Has anyone else had this problem?  I will admit, the last time I used SW was back in the SW2K days when it was just a collection of tools and I could put meters on my desktop to monitor links I wanted to see.

Can anyone help get me pointed in the right direction?

• It looks like you could do this with a report where a custom property is used to filter the report to show historical netflow traffic for only certain interfaces. First, create an Interface custom property as a Yes/No type and assign a Yes value to only the flow source interfaces that you want to see in the report. Then, create a custom chart report and set it up as in the image. The NetFlow Flow by Interface History category will have the variables that you can assign as report columns. I hope this helps.2016-12-05_15-35-49.jpg

• Does this thread contain the information you seek?  Reporting on NetFlow data

Start at the section containing "take the built in top 100 conversations report" and you'll be in a good spot.

Swift packets!

• Actually, found that the filter condition will not work since it is an Interface CP and cannot be used to filter a report which queries data from NetFlow.\